Monday 26 September 2011

Risbygate St, Bury St Edmunds

Enjoying the beautiful cloud formation at about 8pm yesterday I took a quick photo, only to find I had what looked like a sun and a moon (or two moons) on the end product. No such sight was visible when I looked through the lens - or after clicking. Don't know whether it's a street light, a reflection or .......????

No wonder people see strange lights in the sky. Or this nature's way of compensating for Bury's new lighting restrictions?


3 comments:

JayGee said...

Is this the whole frame or have you cropped it at all?

juliew said...

No crop, that's it!

JayGee said...

Then I cannot explain it. If you photograph bright lights you get reflections inside the lens which do produce extra images. But they will always be exactly opposite the centre of the picture from the original light. Your picture is not like that. So I'm mystified. Or mistyfied in this particular case.