Sunday 4 September 2011

Abbey Gardens and Cathedral Refectory

It's pretty clear what makes Bury such a popular place. I always forget just how lovely the Abbey Gardens are. The new children's play area is good - although really only suitable for the under 7s I'd say. The over 7s seem to enjoy themselves climbing on the Abbey Ruins. When I visited recently with my sister she was horrified that teenagers (especially!) should be able to climb on them. I agree really and I hope people appreciate that this 'freedom' is a privilege. Quite a few of the flints have become dislodged and are scattered around. If anyone should want to take souvenirs (you can imagine people might.... and have) it is a criminal offence, as one woman found out to her cost when she tried to advertise a rock on E-Bay.

On our visit to the Abbey Gardens we went to the Cathedral Refectory for lunch . It really is quite a pleasant place to go with family - reasonably priced food and drink in less conventional surroundings. No grounds for complaint at all. Good service, fresh tasting food (around £10 per head for a main course and alcoholic drink).

No comments: