Tuesday 6 September 2011

Benson Blakes


This has been one of my favourite venues in Bury over time. When busy it buzzes and I have spent some great evenings there - eating there frequently. Food is generally reasonably priced and varied (and one of the best steaks I have ever had was there) and I really like Tim, the owner who runs it along with his dad. Tim is one of the nicest proprietors in town.

I mention Bensons now because it has been newly decorated - it looks terrific and I'm looking forward to my next visit. Bensons still do their speciality burgers and on Wednesdays they serve two burger meals for just under £10.


2 comments:

JayGee said...

Went there once entertaining a French visitor to AMOT. Food was good but then a live group started playing some awful jazz - which he loved.

We also took him to The Canon Brewery. Tried that? (I think owners changed recently so no point in me commenting)

juliew said...

That's the thing about the Can - as it's called by the neighbours there, the management tend to change every so often and you don't know what to expect. I like the bar but don't make a habit of eating there. The Can is also unpredictable in how busy it is it, and although there's a good atmosphere at times, the 'acoustics' of the place can make it very noisy.