Friday 24 June 2011

Saints, Abbeygate Street



Large coffee, small cake or small coffee, large cake? Ah, clever advertising - beware! Of course it's not clever advertising, it's not even clever photography - it's just my way of showing the bargain in Saints Restaurant in Bury.

I've long been a fan of Saints for it's good quality food and would dine there more in the evening if they opened earlier in the week, but I believe they only do Thurs-Sat evening meals). I'd been promising myself a cup of their coffee which I think is the best in Bury all week (only really nice coffee can I drink black) because they serve any coffee and cake for £3 on weekdays. I adore their chocolate cake so I was delighted to see it on their counter when I went in today (they tend to vary what cake they have). I wasn't the only delighted one - a man entered about 5 mins after me and made the same exclamation... 'aah!'. Ten minutes later a couple came in and then there were four of us all drinking coffee and eating chocolate cake.

No comments: