Sunday 12 June 2011

Valley Connection, Bury St Edmunds

This has long been my favourite Indian restaurant, along with many other people's. VC can get incredibly busy and this has involved waiting for a table and not quite the quality of food it has a reputation for, but when it is busy it buzzes and generally speaking I love the atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and efficient - I always chat to them because they come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. They work incredibly hard here regardless of their other commitments.

I think VCs prices compare favourably with other Indian restaurants, but their speciality for me is their dishes made with giant prawns which are wonderful, but average about £12 - £15 per dish. Last week I had a conventional prawn dish which was just great and reasonably priced. They also offer some good, fairly-priced wines by the bottle. Glasses of wine tend to be comparatively more expensive, but I always avoid the bottled water because I think that is a bit pricey.

2 comments:

JayGee said...

Where is this? Never heard of it. I usually go to the one next to Bury Tyres.

juliew said...

Valley Connection is on Churchgate Street, a few building on from Queens Head - roughly opposite Maison Bleu. Much less traditional decor than usually found in an Indian Restaurant although prices probably much the same.