Friday 24 June 2011

Tch, tch Debenhams

I don't buy much from Debenhams - they're often too expensive for general items. But they do have sales and at the moment it's a 20% reduction on a lot of items. I went there today to buy something from the kitchen department as a wedding present. I ended up buying two gifts - one was marked up as £12. I was informed by the girl on the cash desk that it should have been £14 (it came up on the till) so she had to call someone else over to sort the discount of 20%. So, it would seem they put it up £2 prior to the sale and neglected to re-price the item itself. Silly Debenhams - they usually remember. At Christmas I bought a child's small article of clothing marked up at £8 . I took the label off as one would with a gift and there was another label underneath - £6. Yes, there was a discount but at around 20% off they end up with much the same money as they would normally get without discount. Well, isn't that clever? Not if you shop there it seems.

1 comment:

JayGee said...

Looks like you've caught them out.
I guess you ought to ask them to comment in case they have a convincing story. Or so we can laugh at their discomfort.