Saturday 30 July 2011

Shopping trail

Good ol' Waitrose. I did have occasion to complain there last week - something I rarely do there. It was about a 'buy one for £199, buy 2 for £3.50'. Well, let's put it like this, I didn't get the £1 reduction for buying 2 because the offer blurb was situated alongside the wrong product. Also, a price for an organic carton of milk was cheaper than the standard - or so it appeared, but again, wrongly labelled. I was a bit annoyed with the customer service assistant who somewhat patronisingly told me 'Well, prices have gone up madam'. Do I look like I've been shut away without a good shop for 6 months? That's not the point anyway. But, all is forgiven. The free bottle of wine helped.

With other stores you usually get the 'So what?' look, or as my daughter experienced in another supermarket 'We all make mistakes'. Yeh, well I'm sorry but if I catch you out, from now on... pretend you're Waitrose!

No comments: