Tuesday 31 May 2011

Purely Pesto

Sadly this is not a restaurant but a great pasta sauce.

Last week I went with a friend to the Greene King annual food and drink festival (exhibition). This is the second year running that I've been and it's well worth a visit. There are a number of local food and drink producers who attend, offering quite a spectacular range of goodies to try or buy.

Amongst several items - maybe one or two a little overpriced (but local!)I bought two products from the above company: a basil pesto (they use other herbs for different varieties) made with cashews rather than pine nuts; and a hummus. The latter was good but the pesto was one of the best I've ever tasted. I have to say I don't buy a lot of pre-prepared pasta sauces and pasta pesto is not one of my favourite dishes, but the pasta I prepared using this, three of us agreed, was simply delicious.

The company is based in Norfolk but I'm not sure about the availability of their products in shops, but my son is already speaking of making an on-line order

No comments: