Monday 11 June 2012

West Stow Anglo Saxon Village, Bury St Edmunds

If only to prove all my photos are not dreadful (it's when I've been using my Blackberry - the camera in it is hopeless) I thought I needed to harp back to those lovely days of summer...... a month ago?   Well it may only be June now but summer came and departed early. Who knows when it will return?

I love the West Stow Anglo Village - not just for the history it represents but for its peace and tranquility.  Children tend to visit here from school but all adults should come too. It has some special event days, a good playground nearby, a half-decent cafe and a gift shop in which I always manage to buy something (particularly at Christmas).  It's a very short distance out of Bury and deserves one visit if not more.

2 comments:

JayGee said...

You have not mentioned costs. I believe you now have to pay for parking? The village requires a ticket, but it lasts a year and gets you into Moyses' Hall in Bury St. Edmunds too.

juliew said...

Yes, parking is the drawback everywhere - look what's happened at Nowton Park. As far as entry is concerned, they often hsve 'free' days, but when we went they were prepared to let four in at a good price.