Sunday 13 November 2011

Small Shop, Big Service


This little shop on Risbygate Street is a great example of the benefits of dealing with small and local  businesses. It seems to me that Peter Watts - a shop that sells and repairs domestic appliances, has been in this spot as long as I can remember, but I've only been using it for a few years since my present dishwasher first broke down. My regular 'repair man' had informed me that he didn't repair the brand of dishwasher that I had and left me to it. I ended up enquiring at Peter Watts and they fixed it for me at a reasonable cost.  After a couple of years when it needed a new element they returned again, and the machine is still going - but I don't think it will be long before I need a new one, and then I will follow my daughter's example an buy a new one from Peter Watts. She worked out that they did the best deal when taking into account their costs and service.  From my point of view too they have been obliging, efficient and reasonable in price, and I now feel reassured that I may never have to look further than the next street for white goods - that is to say 63 Risbygate St. Bury St Edmunds (Tel: 01284 768586)




No comments: